CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

15 January 2009

hot dog!


As many of you know, Ross is a hot dog grill master! It is really one of our favorite little weekend traditions and we often serve this little treat to our friends and family. It might seem like a lazy little meal but, we actually do put a little effort (read: heart and soul) into it. With that said, I don't think Ross will mind, too much, if I share a few of his secrets--we are firm believers in everyone's right to a great hot dog!

1) Only all-beef-hot-dogs--preferably Nathan's
2) Grandma Sycamore's Bread (though on more than one occasion we have used bakery bread/rolls)
3) MOST important . . .CELERY SALT!!

Ross carefully grills the hd's while I toast the bread (handy little image!). Ross prefers to have butter on his toast along with mayo, a bit of mustard, sweet relish and topped with celery salt. I personally like mine with a little mayo, sweet relish and celery salt. We also like to add chopped onions and shredded cheese . . . yum! While the Canadians were here we found that sliced tomatoes are also quite tasty, thank you auntie Martine! From time to time, when Ross is not giving me a hard time about it, I also like catchup (shhh! I also add catchup to my homemade corn tortilla taco's, YUM!--yes, an AZ native!). Though according to hd purists, catchup is a true no-no! Whatever! I have also had cucumber in my Chicago O'Hare Airport hd . . .maybe we can dream that tomatoes and cucumber will make this a healthy little meal!

So, during one of my recent blog browsing tours I came across a new site (for me) via recommendation from one of my favorites, A Soft Place to Land. The fun new place, and I am already really digging it, My First Kitchen (aka, Ten Minutes to Digest). I started off chatting about our favorite hot dog tradition so I can better explain the hd amazement I found at MFK: Butter-Suckin' Hotdogs. She offers a recipe (and click on the link for a 4 minute demo) and I am going to make it for Ross! It is the funnest hd idea ever . . . and you do NOT need a grill. But, I do suggest that you have some hd accessories (i.e., mayo, mustard, CATCHUP, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, heart and soul, etc.).

I used to avoid any and all hot dogs! Ross hooked me up with the right hd technique! And now we really must try Butter Suckin' hd's. Try it! Go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment