I have wanted, really wanted, to post to my blog! I have been so caught up with all of our home updates (and it is really so exciting!!). Ross is in the kitchen painting RIGHT NOW and I am helping :) I will post pictures soon of our little, really HUGE, completed projects.
AND, I will admit that I have been in a bit of a funk lately . . . it's true. Sometimes the holidays are a little difficult to grasp, and love, and admire . . . its true. I even find myself wondering if I am really the Grinch! I have even wanted to post a little welcome wagon message to anyone and everyone that gets this Grinchy feeling during the holidays. I am comfortable admitting my Grinch tendencies as he is a darling little animated character and he eventually realizes he does not want to be mean! And please know that I do not look at holiday blogs or neighborhood lights and decorations with disgust. I just wish I was the kind of person that had my tree up the day after Thanksgiving! I am not! Where does this come from? Perfectionist tendencies? Unrealistic expectations? Memories of holidays past . . . the memories that fog holidays' future?
End of discussion. I made a commitment to myself this morning that there is not one reason why I cannot enjoy my upcoming holiday . . . with tons of family coming for a whole week, with menus to plan and decorating to do and sleeping arrangements to arrange--with proper bath amenities and comfy blankets and pillows. Oh, and what about LAUGHTER and FUN TIMES?! See, I am in a holiday mood just thinking and writing! Thanks for reading and I really do hope everyone enjoys their family and friends . . . always!
Summer Fridays, Vol 9.
1 day ago

I usually get the holiday spirit at the last minute. hmmmm... how unlike me :) Come on, lets go get a pedicure while I am there.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I'm such a holiday downer. I loved them when I was a kid. I absolutely loved getting together with family (especially cousins), but now as an adult with little screaming, high-maintenance girls, a full time job, little funds, no nice clothes to wear, and too many females trying to be in charge in the same room stress, I'm not into it anymore. My husband put our tree up and I waited two weeks to decorate it. I dreaded it. Once I finished, I was happy, but it was all just a ton more work for just a short period of time and I felt like I didn't have the energy.
ReplyDeleteNew Year's Resolution - enjoy every little holiday. Make it fun for the kids. Decorate. And most importantly - smile.