Brooke (on her own pillow), Emme, Bogart and Maggie (next to the wall)
Ok, so I am having some thesis tension . . . lack of sleep is involved. Not to worry, I have a piece due tomorrow and it WILL be turned in tomorrow--unless I ask for an extension! NO, NO, NO to the extension.
_____________________
SO, we have a little neighbor dog named Maggie and she happens to be our little Em's mum! They look almost identical and they act so much alike it is almost eerie. Because I can take a few extra minutes to write about anything but my thesis, I will give a little background on Mag's. So I have established that we have three dogs. Brooke is our ShLab, the very best of both worlds--we adore her. Then there is Bogart, our tri-colored beagle. He literally came to our doorstep and has invited us to stay for the past 8 or so years. We posted signs and did the whole internet posting--nobody called! His previous family must have been crazy (and they have to miss him). He is just the dearest little guy.
Anyway, one day Ross was walking Bogart when the 'new to the hood' neighbors stopped them and immediately fell in love with Bogart! It seems they are beagle people and wanted to know if we would be interested in breeding. Let's not get started on my views on that! But the answer was NO. Even so, we became friends with the family and their three charming little boys. Then one life changing day, Landon, the youngest, came to our house and announced that Maggie had puppies and we had to come see them! We did, and that is when we found little Emme. I can still see Landon holding three puppies all at once and Emme hanging on with all her might (and she is mighty)! Long story, I know, but Em came home with us!
Since that time, seven or so years ago, Maggie will come over for the occasional visit. I laugh every time I think of her sneaking out from her house and trucking it all the way down the block to our house. She has some sort of little code that only our dogs will hear and, at that time, our dogs have their own little howl to let us know that Em's mum is here . . . sometimes this happens at awkward hours, like 2 am. We just open the door, follow Mag to the doggie treat jar, and then we all go back to bed. A little sleep over of sorts!
And so we have the ongoing sleepover. As you can see, not one dog is nudging me off the internet . . .
_____________________
SO, we have a little neighbor dog named Maggie and she happens to be our little Em's mum! They look almost identical and they act so much alike it is almost eerie. Because I can take a few extra minutes to write about anything but my thesis, I will give a little background on Mag's. So I have established that we have three dogs. Brooke is our ShLab, the very best of both worlds--we adore her. Then there is Bogart, our tri-colored beagle. He literally came to our doorstep and has invited us to stay for the past 8 or so years. We posted signs and did the whole internet posting--nobody called! His previous family must have been crazy (and they have to miss him). He is just the dearest little guy.
Anyway, one day Ross was walking Bogart when the 'new to the hood' neighbors stopped them and immediately fell in love with Bogart! It seems they are beagle people and wanted to know if we would be interested in breeding. Let's not get started on my views on that! But the answer was NO. Even so, we became friends with the family and their three charming little boys. Then one life changing day, Landon, the youngest, came to our house and announced that Maggie had puppies and we had to come see them! We did, and that is when we found little Emme. I can still see Landon holding three puppies all at once and Emme hanging on with all her might (and she is mighty)! Long story, I know, but Em came home with us!
Since that time, seven or so years ago, Maggie will come over for the occasional visit. I laugh every time I think of her sneaking out from her house and trucking it all the way down the block to our house. She has some sort of little code that only our dogs will hear and, at that time, our dogs have their own little howl to let us know that Em's mum is here . . . sometimes this happens at awkward hours, like 2 am. We just open the door, follow Mag to the doggie treat jar, and then we all go back to bed. A little sleep over of sorts!
And so we have the ongoing sleepover. As you can see, not one dog is nudging me off the internet . . .

OH!!! I love this story! I wish Mag's would have made an appearance during the 4th of July...that is just too cool! So had to tell you that Santa is bringing Megan a beagle for Christmas! It's not a real one :) but it's battery makes it breath, just as if it were sleeping...check them out, http://www.perfectpetzzz.com/
ReplyDeleteShe saw them at a store here and completely fell in love...she has no idea I picked one up today!
I'm quite positive she'll name him Bogart or Emme...what are the chances?? :)