I just received comments back from my professor. As usual, she offers amazing critiques and suggestions because she rocks. All in all, I suck! OK, miss dramatic, non-self-esteemer--not the case. But I must get myself together and do more thinking and writing out loud about a certain thesees . . . do you want to hear my story about the best pronunciation for thesis? OK, very quick! Up until a few weeks ago we would go to Starbucks every morning for our little fill of Americano’s. We did this for the past several years but, thanks to our gas hikes and my finding a wonderful Starbuck's coffeemaker (at a yard sale in historic Mesa--YES!)--we have stopped the madness. Seriously, retirement and redecorating have become so much more appealing than spending dollars at Starbucks. ANYWAY, over the years we became great friends with the Starbucks baristas and the regulars in line. OK, stop right there for a story within a story, a few years ago one of the baristas began calling us "the favorite couple" anytime we walked in (I really think he loved us--we loved him!!). Then many of the regulars would call us the same thing. Even across the parking lot "hey, favorite couple!" And even recently, Ross ran into someone at the grocery store and she came up behind him and said "hey favorite couple!" We had not seen her in such a long time. In a funny way, I don't think any of us concentrated on knowing each other's names, we just loved mingling, even for a few moments, with other humans as we all started our day. I really think mingling in each other's humanness was the most appealing part of Starbucks . . . maybe we should figure out how to brew that! BACK to where I was going . . . one of our 'favorite' baristas asked me one morning, "so how is your thesees going," and before I could answer, my darlin' Ross corrected her pronunciation, "it's theSIS." And with that I said, "Actually, I like Anna's pronunciation because it rhymes with feces--and that sounds about right."
Back to theces.
Summer Fridays, Vol 9.
1 day ago

You are killing me! That's not very positive Ms. Theeses :)
ReplyDeleteGreat story! Thanks for my morning laugh...wish we could do it over coffee, every morning...how fun would that be! :)
ReplyDelete