So back to my newest find. I have wanted a wonderful little teaspoon/tablespoon measuring set. I have several plastic sets, all of which are not inspiring--especially the little kitchenaid set that has a semi-melted tablespoon. I thought I wanted the same spoons Giada uses on Everyday Italian, the perfect little set of porcelain measuring spoons. I looked and looked and could not find a set even in Cali when I was on vacation (this is sounding so obsessive--it really is not!). When I finally found what seemed to be very similar little porcelain spoons, I decided they would not be right for me. Just not right--darn! So I have kept my eyes and mind open. To sidetrack again, just thinking and writing out loud --Linens n' Things just began their going out of business sales. SO SAD to see such a great store go. BUT, I did find the most amazing quilt and shams on Friday :) I recommend checking it out. Anway, BACK to spoons (I am stealing their thunder!). I was in the cutest store, Moose Mountain, in Pine on Saturday. This is a wonderful little store. I have spent hours in there over the past summer--only buying a few things here and there, even though things are beautiful and beautifully priced as well. So I was in on Saturday and found a darling little ornament, some very cute Christmas cards and . . . the perfect spoons! THEY ARE PERFECT! I have snapped about 100 shots and I still cannot seem to capture their essence--I need photo classes :)
The inside of the spoons have hearts in the center and hearts and stars round the inside rim. The stem shows their measure and the very top is an angel with a heart! Then on the back is a big star with a heart in the center and little hearts with the angel and a star. Really a beautiful set with so many thoughtful details. I wonder which food network star will go shopping to find the EXACT same set?!! I think I bought the only one they had at the store . . . too bad!

The spoons are fabulous! I want some that say "pinch", "dash" and so on...
ReplyDeleteOk, had no idea measuring spoons could be sooo cool! Awesome find! And by the way, you're a wonderful writer Connie!! I love reading your posts...totally make my day! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete