
Please! GO VOTE!
I volunteered at the phone banks yesterday and, once again, a very enlightening and hopeful experience. I happened to sit next to a girl, a Sr. in high school, who was there fulfilling 5 hours of volunteer work for her US Government class. We talked a little bit about some of her coursework which included some analysis of the presidential debates and the different media coverage, specifically the way the networks "bias" (her words) their coverage. She said "like on Fox, I think it is channel 10 or something, they really like Republicans and channel 12 (NBC) seem to really like Democrats. Oh, and have you heard of that one channel, um C-N-N I think. They also like Democrats." I told her that it sounds like her teacher is asking students to take a critical look at media in politics and that is really very good for everyone. I asked her if she had heard of BBC and that she might want to ask her teacher about their coverage of US news (since BBCA is the US affiliate). Needless to say, she offered a breath of fresh air into the way younger students are being asked to think, as individuals, about their political views.
SOOOOO, I voted his morning! We managed to get in during a bit of break; there was no waiting in line. Funny enough, the person, that is ME, who has been calling about when and where to vote did not realize that our polling place has moved. Thank goodness I had my sample ballot with me and, there it was, our location. We found it and woo-hoo--we voted!
NOTE: For those who might be interested . . . vote and Starbuck's will give you a Tall coffee for free, today only. It's true! All you have to do is order and say you voted. We did it, so I can say it is really true!
I am going to lay low today, with the news on, and clean. Strange what being on pins and needles will do for (to) me.
Have a great day and go vote and have a nice brew when you are done :)

To answer your question about the banner at the top of my page - scrapblog.com. Oh yeah. Very addicting. If you have any questions about it, call me. I'll talk you through it. 480-284-8112.
ReplyDelete