CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

08 November 2008

this is a cake! THE guinness cake . . .

Lately I have come across tons of pictures . . . instead of writing my thesis! I have not posted a thing about that particular project have I? I will in this upcoming week. You will see :)

I found this picture of the cake I made for Ross' surprise party last February. I am not a great baker but I have to say this was one of the funnest cooking projects ever! As a little background, Ross likes the occasional Guinness and so I set out to make a Guinness cake. I loved it and I think everyone else did too! The idea started from one of Nigella Lawson's cooking episodes, though I decided not to use her recipe because she utilizes metric measures and her recipe required A LOT of conversions--especially since I wanted to change the recipe a bit. Anyway, I remember giggling while I was putting everything together--all three layers! It came out a little tilted which ended up being the perfect way to make it look like an Irish pub stout. Just one of those fun moments!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Okay my mouth is watering.

    And I'm officially jealous that you get an actual greenhouse! I have two mini ones in my house. I tried growing herbs in them once. I just look at them and daydream of having the real thing. Can't wait to see pics of it when it's complete. You better post some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whipped cream top looks like heaven, much less, the rest of the cake! Wow, why don't you make that next time we come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can add my post to your blog! Hopefully people will be inspired to do a little something special for the troops! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete