CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

17 November 2008

our newest favorite find . . . check it out!

OK, I have been watching the online liquidation prices at Linens n' Things . . . specifically a particular Cuisinart Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker (a mouthful--but it is lovely!). Anyway, I had grande' visions of the price dropping to well below the $75 mark, though I did consider buying it at $98! But I just could not bring myself to do it since I seem to be running about trying to find the next best thing . . . but then, I would think/rationalize aloud that I would stop once I had that next best thing (I mean a grinder in a coffeemaker that I would set to grind and brew before I even wake up!). Anyway, I went online one day to do a little Linens n' Things obsessive-Cuisinart-hoping & thinking and what did I find--SOLD OUT! OK, breathing in, I did not get upset and I just figured it was not worth it anyway. THEN, this past weekend, me and Ross were out cruising around and decided to venture to Fountain Hills (Ross' idea--he thinks of all the cool stuff). We went directly to our fave Goodwill (for a little goodwill hunting!) and found that it was 50% off day! We venture in where we begin hearing "all of the good stuff is gone"--really?! It's 10 am! Ignoring idiotic comments, I head directly to dishware's and Ross is wondering around when he says "come see this" and there it was . . . my Cuisinart Grind and Brew Thermal Coffeemaker!!!!! It was there!! In practically brand new condition (I told you Fountain Hills merchandise rocks!). So, to be not-so-couth again . . . $15 was the final score!! See, the LNT clearance price was NOT worth it.

Also in my picture are the mugs I have dreamed about holding for months. They finally went on sale at Starbuck's. Also pictured are paint samples for the room we are giving a makeover to (our room! woo-hoo!) along with my very favorite Clementine oranges. If you will, please overlook the smudges on my new Cuisinart Grind and Brew Thermal Coffeemaker . . . still need to wipe it down and run water and vinegar through it :) Can't wait!

p.s. last week was the hugest week ever! Tons and tons of home improvement work going on, which I will post pictures as we progress . . . and I will soon post pictures of my new rod iron bed!! I also have a story about that--a good deal story not from Goodwill!!!

3 comments:

  1. You scored! Holy crap! Can't wait to see pictures of your backyard and iron bed. I need a bed. Bertrand and I have been sleeping on two mattresses on the floor our whole marriage. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, very jealous of the coffeemaker! Your "great find" skills amaze me! We're anxious to see pics of the backyard...wish we were visiting soon, to come and enjoy it with you. Wouldn't that be nice? Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought I was an amazing deal queen! You win with this one! WOW! Can't wait to see the house make over!

    ReplyDelete